We're looking for an experienced, self-starting and highly motivated journalist to take on a new role focused on supporting our growing team of freelance contributors. You'll be part of our lifestyle and entertainment team and help maintain Stuff's No.1 position in this highly competitive category. The location is flexible.
To be successful in this fixed-term role, you will be:
- Effective at selling a story online using your skills as a headline and standfirst writer, and in your choice of imagery
- Committed to editorial excellence across topic areas including entertainment and celebrity, food, fashion, beauty, well-being, parenting and relationships
- Experienced at preparing editorial for publication in a CMS, including the sourcing of supporting assets for digital platforms
- Well-organised and able to work independently and adjust your work flow as priorities change throughout the day
- A stickler for the style guide with a proven ability to produce error-free, grammatically correct copy
- Confident and capable in managing contributor relationships, including offering feedback and ensuring publishing requirements are delivered.
Key requirements include:
- A journalism qualification
- At least three years experience
- The right to work in New Zealand
Stuff is a collection of digital-first products and services that connect Kiwi communities to the stuff that matters, the stuff they love and the stuff that brings us together, every day. We are proud to be New Zealand's leading media organisation, connecting with over three million New Zealanders every month across our platforms.
Find out more at: about.stuff.co.nz
Think you can do the job? Then apply now and start your journey with Stuff today.
Stuff embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and is committed to creating a workplace which reflects the incredibly diverse customers, audiences and communities we serve.
Disclaimer: Stuff does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Stuff is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.