At Heritage Christchurch, we pride ourselves on our values and aim for a level of service that will exceed the expectations of our guests.
We are currently seeking the talents of an experienced Receptionist / Night Auditor to join our Front Office team. You will have pride in customer service, a passion for hospitality and the willingness to go the extra mile for our guests.
You will have at least one year's experience in a similar position and be proficient in the use of a computerised property management system, that being 'RoomMaster' would be a significant advantage. With responsibility for the hotel after-hours, you will have proven leadership skills, a desire to accept responsibility and take ownership and a 'can do' attitude.
- Reception duties - providing guests with outstanding friendly and efficient service related to the arrival, departure, activities and liaison regarding all aspects of their stay
- Handling telephone enquiries, processing messages
- Reservations - taking and accurately quoting and entering reservations
- Completing shift notes and reports, data entry and generating reports
- Assist other departments, when required
Key skills required for this role include:
- Exceptional customer service and telephone skills
- Proficient computer skills essential, preferably with experience in RoomMaster and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work unsupervised, to multi-task and cope under pressure
- Excellent time management and attention to detail with the ability to problem-solve
- Reliable and trustworthy with a positive, can-do attitude
- A team player and proven work ethic
- A full NZ drivers licence is essential
You will be highly organised with the ability to prioritise tasks, with a genuine commitment and desire to learn, to develop your skill set and further your career. You must possess the ability to think on your feet and use your initiative.
In return, the Heritage Christchurch offers extensive training, a competitive remuneration package with benefits, supplied uniform and the opportunity to progress within our dynamic company. We pride ourselves on being caring and committed to our team and we aim for a level of service which exceeds our guests' expectations.
If you want to join a team that truly values its people, send us your application. Applicants should have NZ residency or hold a valid NZ Work permit.