Recruitment and Rostering Manager
The General Election is New Zealand’s biggest event in 2020. Take on an exciting and varied role within a team that is supportive, hands-on, and committed to delivering a high-quality election.
We are looking for 65 people across multiple locations to lead the recruitment and rostering of people to work in voting places. For more information on this role and where they are based can be found at www.elections.nz
Key responsibilities are to:
- recruit electorate headquarter and voting place staff
- roster staff for training and assign them to voting places
- accurately manage set payroll for electorate staff
- prepare payroll and staff materials for return to the Commission’s National Office after the election
- manage teams carrying out tasks directed by the Returning Officer.
To be successful in this role you need to demonstrate:
- experience in applying best practice recruitment processes
- good communication and people skills
- good organising and planning skills
- attention to detail
- experience in managing and supporting people
- sound judgement
- the ability to quickly learn new processes and systems
- the ability to work under pressure
- ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
The date of the 2020 General Election is Saturday, 19 September 2020.
This role requires you to be able to commit for approximately 19 weeks from 1 June 2020.
These will include extended hours and weekend work in the 8 weeks before and the four weeks after election-day.
You may be required to undertake travel throughout your electorate and region, as well as attending national training in Wellington in June.
About the Electoral Commission | Te Kaitiaki Take Kōwhiri
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in Parliamentary elections. Here’s your chance to contribute to New Zealand’s democracy as part of a small team of electoral experts who design, build and implement processes and systems for Parliamentary elections and referenda.
To apply for these roles please visit https://www.elections.nz/jobs/ to submit an online application.
Applications for secondments from within the Public Sector are welcome.
Applications close at 5pm, 23 March 2020.