What you will be doing:
Do you love the challenge of mitigating risk and have a keen eye for details? We have a fantastic opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to join our successful Risk & Compliance team.This role will have you supporting Risk & Compliance Specialists to ensure that effective risk management and compliance practices are performed and embedded by all in the business. To do this you will assist in monitoring, guiding and challenging Line 1 activities and work across all business units to influence and drive robust risk management and compliance activities.
No two days may be the same. You will be working closely with Risk Specialists on various tasks, projects and BAU activities such as:
- Assisting in the review of business unit risk profiles
- Participating in or performing Line 2 (Risk) control assurance tests and ensuring any actions are completed by the due date.
- Assisting in projects that are underway.
- Assisting in identifying any policy issues and referring these to the Risk Specialist.
- Ensuring updated policies are available to staff in a timely manner and assisting in delivery of this.
- Ensuring that customer complaints are reported and are in line with the latest Fair Insurance Code reporting requirements.
- Assisting with the role out and delivery of Risk Training.
- Assisting in risk reporting to relevant committees, where applicable.
To shine in the role:
- Previous risk, compliance and/or audit experience
- Strong computer skills, in particular working with Excel
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail to ensure tasks are completed right first time
- Be flexible and have good prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability to identify key trends and make recommendations on process improvements
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
Who are we?
AA Insurance is a proud New Zealand company offering general insurance to Kiwis. Spanning over 20 years, we have grown to be the 'Most Trusted Insurer' as voted by New Zealanders from Reader's Digest. All our products have been developed right here in New Zealand with everyday Kiwis in mind. We are a dedicated bunch who put our customers first, ensuring that we are helping eliminate stress and provide them with certainty during their time of need.
What makes AA Insurance a great place to work?
AA Insurance isn't a stuffy insurance company; there are no pinstriped suits and ties here! Our genuine culture truly makes AA Insurance a great place to work - one of the best in fact. For the last 10 years we have been a finalist in the IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces. From the get go you are provided with what is needed for you to put your best foot forward. We work in a supportive team environment where differences are encouraged, and there are plenty of ongoing opportunities for you to continue to grow and develop. We are breaking the mould of insurance, so come and join our award-winning team.
- Annual salary reviews and bonus schemes
- A strong focus on training, staff developments and internal promotions
- An award winning wellbeing programme
- Fantastic discounts on our insurance products and at a number of retail outlets
If you want to be a part of our award winning team and you believe that you have the skills outlined above, click the Apply button and include your resume and cover letter by Wednesday 3rd April.