Specified by New Zealand's top architects and designers, our products can be found in the country's leading homes and commercial buildings. Our products include natural timber veneer, melamine, acrylic and laminate interior panel products. We also supply high pressure laminate and engineered stone benchtops along with a range of substrates.
About the role
This is a hands-on role and one that requires high standards of customer service.
In this role you will need to collaborate internally with other Samples team members, sales teams, customer services, despatch and the marketing team.
- Sample finishing.: Ensure all samples are correctly finished, labelled, and stored as required for each brand, and for clients with custom range requirements.
- Sample assembly: ensuring the timely production of sample folders, sample boards and sample boxes.
- Client service and despatch – promptly responding to requests for samples via website, internal samples portal, via email and direct to the Samples room.
- Helping the Sample Distribution Manager in carrying out regular stock reviews, and other tasks as required.
Be part of a small tight-knit team who takes pride in providing a high level of customer service to the internal sales and specification teams, and also to designers, architects and joiners. On-site parking in a recently built, modern premises.
Skills and experience
- Ability to work hands-on as part of a team in a supportive and positive manner.
- High attention to detail, especially with correct spelling and layout of sample labels.
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- A sense of humour and an ability to deal with the unexpected in a calm and professional manner.
- Excellent relationship/communication skills and ability to relate at all levels
- Good standard of written and oral English is essential.
- Good level of health and physical fitness as the role involves lifting and carrying.
- Comfortable working with machinery involved in cutting, docking and drilling.
- Willingness to try new things and cope with deployment to other areas of the business in a short-term capacity should this be required.