What’s in it for me?
- Ability to drive improvements across a range of areas
- Build on your skills and career
- Management of a hard working team
- Competitive remuneration and employee benefits
About the role:
Plumbing World needs a Senior Accountant in our busy Palmerston North support office.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the role works a range of skilled and highly motivated team members who are focused on making improvements to our systems and processes and providing great service to our network of 50 branches.
The role is the day-to-day link between branch managers and the support office. The key duties are to undertake most of the daily and monthly branch accounting duties (including month end reporting), direct management of the centralised Accounts Payable team and working on improvement projects.
The collegial atmosphere and working with other experienced professionals will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to our mission of being NZ #1 Plumbing Merchant by Choice and to grow and broaden your skills.
To be successful, you will need strong accounting skills, enjoy taking ownership of your role, be comfortable in making decisions, have experience in managing a team and communicate well. You will also have proven ability to implement business improvement change.
Importantly, Plumbing World is a large but simple business. We just need a great candidate and have an open mind on your previous industry background and experience.
Skills and experience:
- Experienced accountant with strong core accounting skills
- Attention to detail / analytical mind to identify opportunities to improve our business
- High level of interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to manage and mentor your team
Plumbing World is committed to providing a safe and drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment medical and drug test prior to the commencement of employment.