What you will be doing:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated individual with outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills to join our Finance team as a Senior Accountant. In this role you will be reporting to the Financial Controller where you will be providing financial reporting services to internal and external stakeholders. Your keen eye for detail will ensure that compliance with external financial reporting requirements are met and you will be monitoring the financial health of the business.
As a CA qualified accountant, you will have ideally operated in a similar role in the past, demonstrating your broad understanding of accounting standards, financial systems, complex modelling, tax planning and people management skills. Given your excellent communication and influencing skills as well as your business acumen, you will have the ability to make the most of your financial and analytical skills to drive improvements and truly add value to the Company.
What you will be doing?
- Leading a small financial management team to achieve business and individual goals
- Managed the team to achieve accurate, complete and timely reporting of financial results
- Challenge current process and drive ongoing continuous improvement
- Ensure that reporting meets the latest financial reporting standards and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that tax, levies and other financial regulations are met
- Manage and deliver finance projects
To shine in the role:
- Previous people leadership experience
- Stakeholder management
- Excellent communication skills
- Tertiary qualification in a related discipline such as Finance, Commerce or Accounting
- Attention to detail and a good lateral thinker
Who are we?
AA Insurance is a proud New Zealand company offering general insurance to Kiwis. Spanning over 20 years, we have grown to be the 'Most Trusted Insurer' as voted by New Zealanders from Reader's Digest. All our products have been developed right here in New Zealand with everyday Kiwis in mind. We are a dedicated bunch who put our customers first, ensuring that we are helping eliminate stress and provide them with certainty during their time of need.
What makes AA Insurance a great place to work?
AA Insurance isn't a stuffy insurance company; there are no pinstriped suits and ties here! Our genuine culture truly makes AA Insurance a great place to work - one of the best in fact. For the last 10 years we have been a finalist in the IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces.
From the get go you are provided with what is needed for you to put your best foot forward. We work in a supportive team environment where differences are encouraged, and there are plenty of ongoing opportunities for you to continue to grow and develop. We are breaking the mould of insurance, so come and join our award-winning team.
- Annual salary reviews and bonus schemes
- A strong focus on training, staff developments and internal promotions
- An award winning wellbeing programme
- Fantastic discounts on our insurance products and at a number of retail outlets
If you want to be a part of our award winning team and you believe that you have the skills outlined above, click the Apply button and include your resume and cover letter today.