Suncorp is an organisation committed to our people, we have a culture where leaders are empowered to make decisions and individuals are able to succeed in a supportive environment that rewards both team work and ambition. Are you looking for that next career move and want to be part of the Suncorp success story?
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Accountant to join the Finance team to ensure that financial accounting and reporting for Suncorp New Zealand is delivered to a high standard. As a senior member of the team you will apply technical knowledge and mentor junior staff as required.
Key accountabilities for the role include:
- Liaise closely with all relevant internal and external parties to ensure a partnership/one team approach is taken to the delivery of a seamless financial accounting and reporting services to customers.
- Deliver month-end close processes to ensure accurate and timely results are reported for each entity
- Deliver interim and annual financial and regulatory reporting for each entity to a high standard within agreed time frames as well as tax compliance tasks.
- Support the external audit process with provision of necessary supporting documentation and co-ordination of audit deliverables as required.
- Support cross-training within the team to ensure seamless service to all customers, with all processes fully documented and up to date.
- Mentor junior staff in the team to further their knowledge and development.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Solid post-qualification experience
- CA or similar qualified
- Understanding of financial services accounting
- Insurance industry experience would be advantageous
- Strong analytical capability
- Capable verbal presentation and business writing skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective prioritisation and ability to deliver to deadlines
- Ability to impart knowledge and lead training and development of other team members
Why work for us:
Suncorp Group is home to some of Australia and New Zealand’s biggest and most trusted names in insurance, banking and superannuation including market leading brands Vero and Asteron Life.
This role works within a talented, highly motivated and diverse team. On offer is a competitive remuneration package, recently refurbished workspaces and if you are seeking a long term sustainable career, Suncorp will provide you with the tools to develop your career and invest in the future.
We also offer an exciting range of benefits:
- Free life, salary continuance and trauma insurance cover
- Discounts on Asteron Life, Vero, Southern Cross medical insurance
- Up to four days of flexible leave in addition to annual leave
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Discounted gym membership
For additional information about the company visit https://www.suncorp.com.au/
If this sounds like you, apply online today.
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time