- Based in Wellington
- Awesome opportunity to kick start your career as a Life Insurance Actuary.
- Join our close-knit team of insurance professionals.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join Kiwibank as a Senior Actuarial Analyst in our Kiwibank Insurance Team. We are striving to make a difference in the lives and communities of everyday New Zealanders, so we are looking for someone with the right skills, experience and attitude to help us achieve our goals.
You will be joining a small actuarial team, we have a fun and supportive work environment and are committed to developing products that meet the needs of customers and deliver good value. This is a unique opportunity where you would have exposure to all facets of the insurance business and be an instrumental part of a small, dynamic and rapidly growing team.
What is this role all about?
- Provides assistance to the Appointed Actuary in regular reporting and project initiatives.
- Develop and maintain actuarial models including upgrading for IFRS17.
- Input into business planning and strategy.
- Developing strong partnerships with the Insurance and Finance teams.
What are we looking for?
- Someone with a big dose of enthusiasm, a positive attitude, loads of energy and the commitment to get things done.
- A great all-round communicator with strong relationship building skills who has the natural ability to fully engage with our key stakeholders (both internal & external)
- You will also need to be the type of person who is prepared to find better and smarter ways of meeting our customers' needs.
- You will need to have Life insurance experience and made good progress towards becoming a qualified actuary. We are prepared to offer, the right person, a supportive working environment along with study assistance to progress you through to qualification.
This is an exciting time to be part of a forward-thinking company which is dynamic, growing & new. You'd have great autonomy to influence change & development while working in a supportive environment which offers flexible working conditions with an all-inclusive culture.
If this sounds like the role for you in the business you'd be excited to join we would love to hear from you. Apply now!