- Input into key strategic decision making - drive direction
- Fast paced, dynamic environment offering huge variety
- Direct exposure to Executive Management
This role will support the strategic decisioning of Heartland Group through robust financial analysis and modelling, encompassing a broad remit - corporate finance activity (including equity investments and M&A), debt and capital funding, treasury, business performance, financial planning and forecasting.
Be part of a specialist financial services group that is listed on both the NZX Main Board and ASX under a Foreign Exempt Listing. The group comprises operations in New Zealand and Australia which continues to experience strong growth. In New Zealand, the group owns a registered bank that focuses on ‘best or only’ banking products in three key markets: Household (which includes investment products, consumer lending, reverse mortgages and motor vehicle lending); Business; and Rural. In Australia, the group owns a specialist provider of reverse mortgage loans and also provides funding to partners in the Small Business and Consumer Lending sectors. Group strategy includes a focus on digital distribution channels where it can provide innovative products in niche areas within the household, business and rural sectors.
- Support execution of key funding initiatives (including securitisation and capital raising), and key commercial arrangements (including white label finance and intermediated distribution) through detailed financial modelling, analysis and recommendations
- Perform relative and DCF valuations in relation to M&A opportunities and equity investments
- Produce financial and cashflow modelling in relation to product development, loan pricing, funding and liquidity
- Produce analysis on business performance and trend analysis
- Produce reports and modelling to assist with financial planning and forecasting, including maintenance of the group’s 5 year strategic financial model
- Perform competitor, industry and economic research to assist with the business strategy and guide business decisions
- Support the Treasury function as needed
- Assist with ad hoc Board reporting
Is this you…
This is a hands on role which would suit someone who enjoys a varied role and has adaptable financial modelling experience. You’ll have strong experience in a financial analyst type role within a corporate environment. With integrity, you have a collaborative working style. You’re agile and resilient, and work with a sense of urgency.
Keys to your success will include:
- CFA qualification or working toward CFA level 3
- Excellence in financial modelling and valuations skills
- Strong understanding of debt funding, capital and liquidity (including securitisation programmes)
- Financial services and/or banking sector experience with a strong understanding of the RBNZ banking standards framework
- Bloomberg and treasury systems experience
And this is us…
We challenge the status quo and deliver radically better customer experiences by providing innovative ‘best or only’ financial products in niche markets that are under-serviced. Digital origination and digital insights are core to our strategy. We’re straight up, we care about our customers and we thrive in a fast paced and agile environment.
The Heartland team are super welcoming and have some great social events, working in Newmarket you’ll be never short of somewhere to grab lunch and travel is made easy with public transport and parking options. We offer all the good stuff- with benefits including life insurance, trauma insurance, income protection insurance and subsidised medical insurance to make sure you are well looked after.
We have a fast paced rapid change work environment so agility, grit, resilience and a sense of urgency is valued. We challenge our people to think laterally and to shake things up as we drive at pace to achieve and then exceed our goals.
Opportunities in this field are rare, apply now!