Why Work For Us
A career at Heritage Hotel means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our group. Heritage Hotel Auckland is one of Auckland city's most recognisable historic landmark buildings, the iconic Farmers department store building. Being part of Heritage Hotels Group offers you opportunities to find a hospitality career that's right for you across 18 hotels in 14 New Zealand locations.
What are the benefits?
- Competitive wages
- Free meals while on duty
- Access to staff discounts including hotel rooms
- Laundered staff uniforms
- Access to the Employee Assistance programs
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
About the role:
We are looking for a Full Time Senior Conference Coordinator for our Conference department. You will be an experienced and motivated Conference Coordinator with a professional manner and excellent customer service skills. You will need to be able to work as part of a team and have great communication skills. In order to do well in this role your personal time management and organisational skills will support you in completing conference activities/events from confirmation to post-event follow-up, in order to ensure client satisfaction.
Responsibilities required for this role:
- Maintenance of conference database of key contacts / clients.
- Preparation and follow-up of Conference proposals.
- Co-ordination and hosting of familiarisation and site inspection activities, including follow-up.
- Co-ordination and production of conference collateral material, ie, conference kits, direct mail pieces, etc.
- Support with administrative duties for the Food & Beverage department as requested by the Food & Beverage Manager and Executive Chef, when necessary.
- Maximise sales opportunities through suggestive selling and up-selling of Food & Beverage items.