Trustpower is one of the largest companies on the NZX and our reputation for innovation is showcased by our new Head Office, which is designed around the concept of Activity Based Working; a creative way of working which promotes flexibility, and enables collaboration between individuals and teams.
Our Generation business consists of 38 hydro power stations across 21 hydro generation schemes with an installed capacity of 436 MW in New Zealand.
In this newly created role, you will join our Engineering and Development team to provide engineering services for the broad and diverse portfolio of Generation Assets. We are looking for an exceptional person to drive the pipeline of generation enhancement opportunities and execution of selected projects.
- Analysis of existing pipeline of enhancements and progression of the best projects to add addition generation volume, flexibility and value to the generation portfolio;
- Carry out scheme reviews, 'water to wire' modelling, Ideation and scoping of new enhancements for the pipeline of potential projects;
- Supervise and coordinate Trustpower staff and specialist consultants to develop new enhancements.
Skills & Experience
You will need to bring extensive hydro-generation experience including scoping and feasibility through to execution and delivery. A Science or Engineering degree is necessary, and you may be a Scientist, Engineer, Hydrologist or Practitioner with extensive hydro experience. We want someone who can help the business work smarter not harder, and has all of the below:
- Experience in analysis of hydro-generation schemes from 'water to wire';
- A collaborative approach and exceptional people skills;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- The curiosity to identify and implement improvements;
- A passion for hydropower and renewable energy.
What's on Offer?
At Trustpower we pride ourselves on being an employer who can offer development and support with a strong, innovative culture. You will carve your own path with the support of your team leader and team. So, if you are interested in being part of this collaborative, innovative and fun environment, then check out the position description and apply today.
Applications close Friday 8th March 2019. Please call Robert Shelton on 021 886 070 if you have any questions.