KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG's Consulting business partners with clients to help them address complex business problems to ensure sustainable business outcomes; from distilling 'big data' to reveal valuable insights, to improving operational performance, optimising risk, restructuring an operation or seizing a new business opportunity.
- Our Architects advise clients on architecture methods, practices, standards, development of enterprise architectures, development of architecture-enabled business transformation and IT strategic plans, and the support for architecture-guided implementations. Our focus is to increase the return on investment and reduce the risk of large IT enabled business transformations, using advanced architecture methods.
- In this role, you will be responsible for leading work streams and project teams, and providing architectural expertise across a wide range of engagements. You will contribute to the successful delivery of KPMG services, undertake business development such as proposal writing and contributing to the development of KPMG's services through knowledge management and methodology design.
- Develop business, information, application, technology and security architectures enterprise-wide or for specific lines of business, program areas or business functions
- Manage architecture input into developing the strategic direction over the business processes, applications, data and integration
- Develop generalized reference models for specific industry sectors
- Establish architecture practices, capabilities, standards, and methods
- Research, propose and support the adoption of new technologies within the data and integration domains by collaborating with IT and business leadership to influence decisions regarding technology investment; driving innovation across the team using a deep understanding of how architecture works within the organisation
- Our ideal candidate has 7-10 years IT experience with at least 3 of those years in cloud architecture roles, preferably in the financial services industry
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- You'll be comfortable working with Cloud computing models and architectures such as Azure, AWS, Google cloud or equivalent
- Be proficient across one of more of the following standards or methods: TOGAF, ITIL, Prince 2, CMM, COBIT, Agile methods in an enterprise organisation
- Have knowledge of the Cloud Stack (Iaas/ Paas/Saas)
- Experience of business development and advisory services delivery in the New Zealand marketplace, preferably in the Wellington Public sector (or equivalent international jurisdictions)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in the coaching and mentoring of staff
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.