Client Services and Sales - Wellington, Wellington
Working for Nielsen in Wellington offers the best of both worlds; living and working in the ‘coolest little capital’ with the backing and support of a global company that provides a world of knowledge and opportunity, with endless possibilities and paths to grow your career internationally.
Simply put, we extract information and insights from numeric and qualitative data to help our clients succeed and to make a difference, whether they are a commercial business, government agency, or a not for profit organisation.
We use insights to help our clients answer questions like:
- “How can we ensure our customers stay loyal and don’t just switch to a cheaper offer?”
- “How do we best communicate with people to ensure they take steps to prepare for natural disasters?”
- “What do people understand and believe about climate change and what actions are they taking?”
- “What swear words do the public think are acceptable to be used on television and in what contexts?”
- “How physically active are New Zealanders and which groups are more or less active?”
- “What is it like living and studying in New Zealand for international students and how can we improve their experience”.
About your role:
As a senior research manager, you will be an experienced and skilled researcher who loves working with data, fostering relationships and leading client teams. You will work with clients to understand their business issues and objectives and then translate them into research solutions. Your roles and responsibilities include:
- Developing a comprehensive and detailed understanding of clients’ business needs and research issues
- Fostering and build on existing client relationships
- Monitoring project completion throughout all stages of research undertaken by the project team and ensure the day-to-day administration of research projects is running smoothly - coordinating data acquisition, coding, analysis and reporting of assigned research projects
- Delivering quality consumer research services to clients including preparation of research reports and presentations, providing value added inputs/analysis and actionable recommendations for clients
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date knowledge of research techniques and applications and share knowledge with others in the team
- Responding to ad-hoc data requests, answering questions and providing analysis - in a timely and efficient manner - demonstrating commitment to quality and excellent client service.
Skills and experience:
- Be professional, well presented and willing to roll up your sleeves with a fun and energetic team
- Be relentlessly curious about people and what makes them tick
- Have excellent attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be self-motivated, adaptable and proactive - no two days are the same in this role
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion, sensitivity and care
- Well-developed knowledge of research techniques and applications and ability to apply these to provide solutions for clients’ business needs
- Proven experience in developing, coaching and managing up and coming staff
- Highly proficient analytical skills with the ability to communicate analytical results
- Ability to identify meaningful insights from information
- Excellent at building good relationships internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects at once, providing clear prioritisation of tasks to a project team
- Minimum of 5-10 years customised research experience, either agency or client side, with a focus on public sector research and/or customer experience research
- Strong statistical skills and use of SPSS would be an additional advantage.
Life at Nielsen…
At Nielsen, we’re proud of our diversity - our Australian and New Zealand offices alone are made up of over 50 cultures and nationalities!
We strongly believe in promoting from within. We encourage all of our people to pave their own career path and explore ways to grow with us.
We’re steadfastly inclusive. Nielsen is an environment that encourages all associates to be themselves, weave their talents and passions into their work, put their hand up and have their voice heard.
We operate on principles of trust and accountability. We sway against micromanagement, enabling our associates to engage, include and decide in order to move swiftly and boldly, while keeping our clients at the heart of everything we do.
Work and life?
We believe in a good work/life balance and offer an extensive range of flexible working options for all associates. We also offer several leave options such as Parental Leave, Volunteer Leave, Birthday Leave, yearly bonus leave initiatives and much more. We also provide a range of programmes and activities for associates to join year-round that encourage good health, wellbeing, networking and community engagement!
We provide medical insurance, life insurance and income protection along with a generous yearly study allowance for those wishing to further their education in a field related to their role or our company.
If you feel like this is the right fit, click apply and tell us all about you!
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Wellington