KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is one of the world's leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to private individuals, SMEs, multi-nationals, and Government agencies.
KPMG is focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand. By prosperity we mean shared wealth and lasting wellbeing for all New Zealanders. We believe that by helping New Zealand’s enterprises succeed, the public sector to do better, and our communities to grow, our country will also succeed and prosper. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being.
- Our business advisors in Enterprise help privately owned businesses reach their goals. Our clients range from subsidiaries of international companies to privately owned New Zealand businesses. From family trusts and high net worth individuals, Government and local government entities, to retail/manufacturers/import distributors and personal investment portfolios. Enterprise offers a number of services - please visit https://home.kpmg.com/nz/en/home/services/enterprise.html for more information.
- You’ll be given the mandate to grow a team, win work and deliver outstanding outcomes to a range of privately held businesses
- You'll work largely with clients in the $5-20million turnover range (sometimes up to $100mill plus)
- This role will rely on your broad commercial exposure, meeting clients, understanding their business and helping them grow
- You'll run workshops with clients to quickly understand their commercial issues and design solutions to assist them where stated ambition
- You’ll have the ability to use a variety of generic KPMG methodologies and toolkits
- You’ll be able to prepare and review relevant, insightful reports for clients
- You'll love variety in your role and lots of clients, you'll potentially run 30-35 engagements per annum
- You’ll leverage business networks to develop opportunities for new engagements
- You'll be comfortable working in the market to build and develop new client relationships
- You’ll be part of Enterprise’s national advisory team and will from time to time use your specific expertise and experience to deliver an engagement lead by other KPMG offices
- You’ll use your expertise and experience to contribute to Enterprise DNA engagements across the country.
- Appropriate University qualifications
- Previous Management Consulting experience/ Business banking/relationship management skills
- LEAN/Process Improvement
- Demonstrated high emotional intelligence
- Experience of growth and turnaround situations
- Demonstrated high-level technical skills and knowledge over a sustained period of time
- Competent and literate with the following packages: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good knowledge of relevant technical standards and guidelines in chosen practice area
- Long term experience and a proven track record in the overall management and leadership of staff both as a team and in terms of their technical work
- Demonstrated ability in business development including being able to market self and attract new clients to the firm
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.