This is your opportunity to join one of New Zealand's leading companies; Gallagher Fuel Systems Ltd, part of the Gallagher Group. Based in the Manawatu, they are leaders in the design and manufacturing of Fuel Dispensing and Vapour Recovery Systems for use on Fuel Forecourts in New Zealand, Australia and further a field. A new strategic focus has created opportunities to make a difference in the future of an already successful company.
Reporting to the Purchasing & Inventory Manager, an opportunity exists for a Senior Purchasing Officer to join their procurement team. You will be responsible for managing orders and deliveries of materials from suppliers into the supply chain. You will develop and maintain vendor relationships ensuring that service expectations are met.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure all vendors and materials are managed in accordance with the company's procurement policy
- Ensure appropriate specifications are provided to suppliers for key goods and services
- Encourage information flow between vendors and the technical team regarding the latest developments and technology impacting on the products and services being purchased
- Ensure new or changed supply arrangements are effectively communicated to all stakeholders affected by the changes
- Management of requirements via MRP
- Day to day liaison between suppliers and Gallagher stakeholders, including international freight providers on any import issues
- Negotiate best pricing for Gallagher and actively pursue cost reduction through better pricing and identify alternative products and suppliers
- Monitor and action late orders
Analysis & Data Management
- Generate vendor forecasts and open order reports for relevant supplier and issue as per agreed timetable
- Work with Category Managers/Purchasing Manager to make recommendations on sourcing strategy
- Prepare various reports on analysis
- Inventory management
To be successful you will ideally have the following:
- Extensive procurement experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with integrated computer systems especially SAP in a manufacturing environment (desirable)
- Relationship management experience and success in developing vendor relationships
- Able to process a number of tasks efficiently and prioritise under tight deadlines
- A high level of computer literacy in MS Word & Excel
You will work well in a team environment, be confident in problem solving with strong analytical skills. Your outstanding verbal and written communication skills, positive attitude and your professionalism will see you succeed in this role.
Don't delay and apply on-line today with a cover letter and updated CV or contact Sarah Wright at Adecco on 06 357 2020 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information or request a full Job Description.