Climate change is this era's biggest story - are you ready to help tell it?
We are searching for an innovative and ambitious journalist to join our newly established climate desk, reporting for Stuff and our newspapers, including the Sunday Star-Times, the Dominion Post, and The Press.
You might already be an established environmental reporter, or you might have a track record reporting climate-adjacent topics such as business, politics, science or weather.
Working under our newly appointed Climate Editor, you will have an important role in a high-priority area for Stuff.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Generate ideas for our Quick! Save the Planet project
- Write stories, produce videos, and develop multimedia features
- Use the Official Information Act and investigative tools to dig deeper
- Build a wide base of contacts
You will have proven competence in telling complex stories engagingly and accurately, developing ideas and pursue them to fruition, and writing to a high standard across formats including breaking news, in-depth features, and email newsletters.
Benefits of working with us include:
- Joining a company with a strong social purpose
- A culture that truly values diversity and inclusion
- Generous parental leave provisions
- A strong reward & recognition programme
- Staff deals on home services with our ventures, energyclubnz and Stuff Fibre
- Contributing to NZ's leading media organisation, which connects with more than 3 million Kiwis a month
Stuff is a collection of digital-first products and services that connect Kiwi communities to the stuff that matters, the stuff they love and the stuff that brings us together, every day. We are proud to be New Zealand's leading media organisation, connecting with over three million New Zealanders every month across our platforms.
Find out more at: about.stuff.co.nz
Think you can do the job? Then apply now and start your journey with Stuff today.
Stuff embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and is committed to creating a workplace which reflects the incredibly diverse customers, audiences and communities we serve.
Disclaimer: Stuff does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Stuff is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes