- Feel valued, advance your career and be recognised for your skill set
- Highly regarded, collaborative and supportive company
- Potential to earn yearly bonuses, company car and phone provided
Based in the centre of Wellington this team delivers a high-quality service to their clients in the industrial and commercial industry. They are experts in installation and maintenance of elevators nationwide. This is a specialist company that prides itself in hiring only the best knowledgeable and experienced people to install, maintain and provide excellent service.
This is an exciting role where you can really make it your own with support and continuous training from your Team Leader, you will be able to put your prior knowledge to use. Due to steady growth, the company is expanding and needs an analytical, forward thinking problem solver to maintain the safety of lift and escalators. You will be responsible for servicing all equipment, administering repairs and maintenance as required as well as keeping the machine room tidy and maintain the necessary records.
You might have worked within the electrical or mechanical industry and be still on the tools but looking for a career change. Your approachability, engaging customer service and sound communication skills will see you build a rapport with clients, with ease. You need to be able to work independently and have great time management as well as be a valuable team player.
Your core responsibilities include;
- Maintenance or repair of lift and escalators
- Responding to after hour queries
- Logging service and maintenance documents
- Diagnose mechanical problems and respond to issues
- Respond to emergency situations during and after hours to ensure a standard of health and safety for all parties is taken care of
- Attend and participate in training and workshops provided by the company, in order to keep abreast of new systems and technology
Skills & Experience
- On the tools experience within the electrical industry or fully qualified and registered as an electrician would be bonus
- Reliable and punctual
- Good literacy and basic computer skills
- Communicate clearly to all levels
- Full New Zealand driver’s license
What’s on Offer?
The hours are flexible being 7.30am-4.30pm or 8.00am–5.00pm weekdays Monday to Friday with a weekly roster where you will be on call for one night of the week. This is in order to service any emergency calls and you will be compensated for this with an on-call rate.
Take this opportunity to further your career. Be recognised and rewarded for your skill set within a collaborative and supportive company. All candidates will be subject to a Ministry of Justice check.
How to Apply?
If this role sounds like you, click APPLY to submit your resume to Emma McHardy at Kinetic.