- Property, Commercial & Company. Two roles, one suits a Graduate
- Work life balance, ie hours 8.30 to 5pm (1 hour lunch)
- Social Club, Friday night drinks, training, advance your skill set
With a strong historical context in New Zealand, this practice has a strong tradition of providing legal services and advice to clients in the South Island and overseas.
Based in Christchurch, you will be part of a dynamic team that cover a range of high net worth commercial, property and private clients. Providing a service that is client focused, responsive and with traditional values is paramount, as opposed to being relentlessly fee driven.
- Reporting to a Partner, you will provide high quality legal services and advice in a property/commercial role covering conveyancing, commercial and company matters
- To receive and complete client instructions
- Advise on personal, property and commercial transactions and structures
- Advice and contracts on company and commercial matters, includes eg employment issues, leases, shareholders agreements etc
- Conveyancing documentation preparation, file management, settlement completion, finance/security documentation, company establishment etc
- Estate planning and Trust matters eg Trust creation
- Billing, a high level of ‘client care’ and professional practice management
Your skill set
- If not a Graduate, you will have a minimum 1 years PQE (up to 4 years), with experience in the Property/Commercial area – experience in Relationship property, Trusts or Employment Law is not essential
- You will be a qualified Lawyer admitted as a Barrister & Solicitor to the NZ Bar (applies to ALL candidates please)
- An excellent salary range, regular hours of work (not taking work home – hence no laptop required), with a solid team who are proud of the heritage of their firm and long-standing clientele to care for as a result
- A fantastic work culture, with an active Social Club, Friday night drinks, morning teas, end of year and mid-year functions, inhouse competitions and more
- An opportunity to move up within the Firm, to immediately further your skill set (eg Employment Law aspects) and to be mentored by a Partner with international experience, used to managing up and coming young Lawyers – a rare opportunity!
Opportunities with a company like this truly do not come around often, so don’t delay, apply confidentially now to Sue Brash. 09 366 9977 or 022 618 8011