- Newly created role - fantastic opportunity to own it!
- Bring your enthusiasm for sustainability and your ability to deliver projects
- Based in central Auckland or Wellington
Are you passionate about sustainability, and want to make a real difference in your career? We have a newly created Sustainability Advisor opportunity that could be just what you're looking for. This role will help us bring our new sustainability framework to life and create real change throughout our business and you'll be pivotal in shaping the direction of Kiwibank's sustainability programmes.
Want to do something better with your day? Kiwibank exists for one reason - to help make Kiwis better off - and now we need to ensure that we do so in a way that enhances our environment and communities for future generations. Join the local bank that's challenging the status quo and is committed to making New Zealand a more sustainable country.
What will you get involved in?
Reporting into the Sustainability Lead, you will have a focus on building relationships (both within Kiwibank and with our external partners) and delivering projects that help build the long-term sustainability of Kiwibank, and the communities that we operate in. We need someone who can think strategically, but also get things done…and we can promise you that no two days will be the same!
In the short-term, your role will involve taking our sustainability strategies and targets and developing work programmes and initiatives to enable us to deliver to these commitments. This means engaging with a wide range of people across the business, implementing new initiatives and monitoring effectiveness.
Longer term, as we achieve some important changes in line with our targets, you'll be involved in developing key strategies and policies for Kiwibank.
We'd love to hear from you if this sounds like you:
- First and foremost, you'll be passionate about sustainability, with a desire to make change, and you won't be afraid to speak up and question decision-making to ensure that it's considering the social and environmental impact we have
- You're great at connecting with people and getting them on board, and can also translate technical concepts into everyday language
- You're a doer…you get stuff done, and finish what you start.
- You have relevant demonstrable experience and are looking for the next challenge
We're all about making Kiwis better off. That means for our customers, our communities, and our own people. We are continuously striving for an inclusive culture where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. We are committed to providing a workplace that is safe, flexible, and accessible. Sound like something you want to be a part of? Get in touch.
Applications close on Sunday 12 May, but we'll review applications as we go - so apply today!